Monday, October 30, 2023

Board of Accountancy (BOA) Accreditation Renewal

This is another work/profession related topic I felt worth sharing. As a cerified public accountant in public practice, I must have a BOA accreditation. This accreditation is valid for three years and mine has just expired January of this year. I needed to renew and I am sharing here the renewal process that I went through and all the requirements that I needed to comply. This is my second time to apply for renewal of my BOA accreditation. Before going to PRC, I made sure that I had all the requirements listed below. 

1. Duly accomplished Application Form (2 copies); 
2. Photocopy of the expired Certificate of Accreditation; 
3. Photocopy of valid Professional Identification Card (PIC); 
4. Certificates for CPD credit units earned; 
5. Picture of the principal office; 
6. Duly accomplished Quality Accreditation Checklist prescribed in Board Resolution No. 2016-05 
7. Payment of accreditation fee. (In cash, postal money order, manager’s check or bank draft payable to the Professional Regulation Commission); 
8. Short brown envelope for the Certificate of Accreditation and 
9. Two (2) pcs. documentary stamps. 

My accreditation already expired before I was able to complete the requirements. I was able to apply for renewal few days after expiration. In my first renewal, I made the application a month before expiration. This time, I had a hard time accumulating the 120 CPD units requirements. There were no face to face seminars and so most of it I took online or webinars. I was not also able to observed the at least 20 cpd units per year as mandated by BoA Resolution 2017-254. PRC was not strict on this though. Majority of my seminars I took on the third and fourth quarters of 2022 or 3rd year. Also, all my CPD certificates were not certified thru copies but were all accepted. However, the minimum required units per competence area should still be observed. 

Competence Area A (Technical Competence) - 30 CPD Units 
Competence Area B (Professional Skills) - 5 CPD Units Competence Area 
C (Professional Values, Ethics and Attitudes) - 5 CPD Units 

With complete requirements, I headed to PRC central office in Sampaloc Manila. Yes, processing of BOA accreditation is back to PRC central office. I process my first renewal in PRC-PICC. The renewal process was actually quick and smooth. 

1. Registration Section (Window 35 & 36) for verification of license/s; 
2. Legal Service (2nd floor) - Hearing and Investigation Division for clearance of no derogatory record 3. Registration Section (Window 8) for approval 
4. Cashier (Window 34) for payment of the Php1,500 accreditation fee 
5. Registration Section (Window 35 & 36) to submit the complete set of requirements together with a photocopy of the official receipt of the accreditation fee and two pcs. documentary stamps which is available inside PRC building. 

I was told to follow-up after a month but actually my certificate of accreditation was already available as early as 2nd week after my application. It was that fast!  

No comments:

Post a Comment